Welcome to the
EAA Land of Enchantment Fly-In
Welcome to the 23rd Annual Land of Enchantment Fly In
From EAA Chapter 179 President, Bob Waters
Let me admit it right up front: I'm biased! But I think this year's Land of Enchantment Fly In will be the best one ever!
There will be something for everyone, young or old, who has an interest in aviation. You're welcome whether you're already a local
pilot or plane builder or fly in, whether you're someone who wants to learn more about aviation or is just curious and wants to have
fun at the local airport. There'll be fun for the whole family.
For all of you already in aviation crowd, come see old friends and make new ones. Show off your new plane, panel or speed mod and talk to others about the benefits of their upgrades, sit in on a homebuilding workshop, get information on an aviation organization you've always wanted to know more about, and share your experiences with someone with a budding interest in aviation.
If you've already got aviation on the brain but not yet a pilot or just curious about what goes on at airports, come out and meet
friendly people who make airports their second home, see planes and their pilots up close, sit in on a seminar about navigation or
the magic of "lift" or how pilots talk on the radio, check out the classic hotrods lining the ramp, and get something good to eat.
We're planning many things throughout the day, such as:
- Planes of all kinds flying in from all over the state and beyond
- Workshops to learn about building aircraft, including wood, tube and fabric, aluminum and composite material construction
- Backcountry flying seminars for pilots
- Introductory talks on all aspects of aviation from speakers with decades of aviation knowledge
(these should qualify you for a Boy Scout or Girl Scout Aviation Badge)
- Radio controlled airplane demonstrations
- Flight simulators to try your hand at flying
- Booths filled with people representing just about every aspect of aviation
- Classic sports cars
- Antique military equipment
- Fun activities for kids of all ages, like "flights" in the Kiddie Hawk
And the best of all: all of these things are free!
There will be lots of great food from breakfast throughout the day. Buy a tee-shirt to commemorate your day. All arriving pilots will
get a welcome goodie bag when you register. We'll wrap up the day with a causal sunset hanger dinner and awards ceremony.
Come out to the Land of Enchantment Fly In and create those airplane memories of a lifetime.
I hope to see you there!
President, EAA Chapter 179
Please Click the Buttons Located Below for Updates to the Event.